Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What are you thankful for.....

Well, Thanksgiving is just 2 days away, and as usual we are PROCRASTINATING with everything!

My hubby and I are having 14 people over for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, and we have a list of things to get done.  I have stuck him with all the cleaning while I get all the fun tasks!

We need some “fallesque” center pieces.  I’m not totally crazy about the centerpieces you buy and just throw on the table.  I feel for holiday’s like this it is fun to be creative and make the centerpieces!

Pumpkins are the traditional fall coordinate, however look at this simple yet traditional centerpiece.  I love the white pumpkins versus the standard orange pumpkins you see everywhere!  The bronze plate underneath brings in the brown from the pumpkin stem.  Simple, but beautiful! (Image above).



I love fall for a lot of reasons, but one of the main reasons is the beautiful color palate that comes with the season!  The greens, rich reds, oranges, and soft browns look fabulous together!  This centerpiece uses all of the staple colors, and combined with the Lucite vases and beautiful ribbon it can make any table look complete!  Combining the Lucite vases with fresh candles and leaves is a great way to bring some of the outdoors in! (Images below).  



















Everybody always has extra pumpkins that either didn’t get carved from Halloween, or are just for decoration.  A great way to get the last little bit of life out of the pumpkin, and a great art project for a four year old, is to add some glitter to it!  My little 4 year old LOVES arts and crafts and was a great way to show off the 2 pumpkins sitting on our front porch.  I purchased just some simple brown satin ribbon for the bow and they were complete! (Image
below).














I hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Enjoy!

RR & AW 

No comments:

Post a Comment