Monday, October 4, 2010

Beautiful Week...


I hope everybody had a wonderful and relaxing weekend! It's Monday again..which means back to reality.




Enjoy these beautiful hand painted and embroidered designs from FROMENTAL. In my field, I work with textiles and I love running across great, 20th Century wall papers and textiles.







I've worked with Fromental for quite some time, however I never really got a chance to study the detail in their designs...they are simply GORGEOUS!




These designs are hand painted and embroidered on Silk, with a painted and lacquered-effect background.

Their motto, "all good things come to those who wait" and I swear I live by that saying. That just makes me love them that much more!



This design is inspired by a famous Chinese painting of a thousand butterflies, a part-painted / part -embroidered swarm flutters around the room.

Check out their website, www.fromental.co.uk for more!

Hope this brings a little sunshine to every body's Monday!

Enjoy!

R & A


No comments:

Post a Comment